The National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution is seeking to create a new logo.
If you are a graphic designer, or know of a good graphic designer, then please share this with them.
The winning logo submitted will receive a prize of $5,000.00. The two runner ups will receive $1,000.00 each.
The criteria for the logo are as follows:
1. The logo must be simple
2. The logo must be clean in appearance
3. There should be a maximum of 4 colors
4. The logo should convey a sense of patriotism
5. Fonts and colors must be commercially available
6. The logo, when viewed by the public, should make them think of the Sons of the American Revolution
7. The logo can easily be used to put on materials for clothing, glassware, etc.
8. The logo, when sewn, should have a stitch count of 7,000 or less.
9. The logo should be submitted in .tif format
10. The submitted logo(s) should be 4.98” x 6.64”
1. Logos must be submitted by midnight December 31, 2019. Any submissions after that will not be considered.
2. Logos must be submitted with this Contest Application Form and must be accompanied by this Release Form as well The instructions can be found here: How to Use the Form
3. The entrant shall assign to the Sons of the American Revolution any and all rights, title and interest in the submitted logo, and appoint the Sons of the American Revolution as his/her attorney-in-fact to apply for any and all applicable intellectual property rights in favor of the Sons of the American Revolution.
4. To the extent that any intellectual property rights remain in the entrant, the entrant shall grant a perpetual royalty free worldwide, exclusive, irrevocable, assignable license in and to the logo to the Sons of the American Revolution.
5. The logo cannot infringe the rights of any third party.
6. Judging will be done by three parties. A committee will narrow the submissions to 10 finalists. The Executive Committee will narrow those 10 down to three. The Board of Trustees will choose the winner.
7. Prize winnings can be paid directly to a school. If the winner chooses to take the prize money, they will be subject to income tax laws.
8. For additional information, visit our website at: https://members.sar.org/media/uploads/pages/336/xq4Zra0qIqjL.docx
9. All submissions are to be sent to email@example.com
10. For additional information about the SAR, please visit our website at: https://members.sar.org/media/uploads/pages/336/RuNRUzt9arr7.docx