2012 - 2013 NSSAR General Officers
2012-2013 General Officers
Elected at Phoenix, Arizona, July 2012
- President General -- is the chief executive officer of the SAR. He guides the policies, oversees headquarters operations, and appoints the members of all the committees. He presides over meetings of the Executive Committee, the Trustees, and the annual Congress. He (or his designated representative) represents the SAR at the meetings of or in negotiations with other organizations.
Stephen A. Leishman
Stephen A. Leishman (DE) has been a member in good standing with the Delaware Society since 1999. Stephen A. Leishman was elected President General of the National Society, Sons of the American Revolution, in July, 2012 to serve a one-year term.
joexyzverizon [dot] net (Joseph W. Dooley) (VA)
Maintenance of records of the activities of the executive committee, trustees, and national congresses; headquarters staff operations; compiling officer and committee reports for distribution at meetings; meeting registration.
lindsey [dot] brockcomcast [dot] net (Lindsey C. Brock) (FL)
Maintenance of financial records; advice and action on financial issues; headquarters merchandise operation; dues
Thomas E. Lawrence (TX)
Advice and action on legal issues relating to the national society.
Larry P. Cornwell (AL)
Guidance on genealogical problems related to applications for membership and supplementals.
J. Michael Tomme, Sr. (GA)
Maintenance of membership records
rftownsmindspring [dot] com (Robert F. Towns (GA))
Securing and interpreting of the records required to document the history of the national society.
Michael C. Wells (AL)
Guidance for maintaining the national headquarters library and museum
Abraham R. (Rudy) Byrd, III. M.D. (AZ)
Advice and assistance for maintaining the health of our members.
Rev. Dr. Randy D Moody (FL)
Advice and assistance for ministering to the spiritual needs of our members.
Executive Committee Appointees
C. David Billings, Ph. D (AL)
John L. Dodd (CA)
PG Larry Magerkurth (CA)
Samuel C. Powell, PhD (NC)
Davis L. Wright (DE)
Vice Presidents General
These general officers serve as intermediaries between the national society and the state societies, grouped into fifteen Districts (geographic regions, two of which are outside the United States):
- New England - Michael Ellis Fishbein : Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut
- North Atlantic - Frank Michael McGonigle : New York and New Jersey
- Mid-Atlantic - CAPT R. Duane Tackitt USN (Ret) : Delaware, Maryland, The District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, and Virginia
- South Atlantic - George Steven Pittard : North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida
- Southern - John Raymond Taylor, Jr : Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana
- Central - Rev Forrest Bond Chilton : Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia, and Kentucky
- Great Lakes - J. Gordon Bidner : Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin
- North Central - COL Ronald Edward McRoberts : Minnesota, The Dakota Society, Iowa, and Nebraska
- South Central - Peter Otto Grassl : Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas
- Rocky Mountain - Jim Pat Thornton : Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico
- Inter-mountain - LTC Joe Edwin Harris, Jr. USA (Ret.) : Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming
- Western - Gene Butler : California, Nevada, and Hawaii
- Pacific - CDR Robert Forrest Doughty USCG (Ret) : Washington, Oregon, and Alaska
- Europe - trentinianfree [dot] fr ( Jacques de Trentinan) : United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Germany, and the remainder of the Continent of Europe
- International - Lyman Richard Brenner : all territory outside of the other districts
For a listing of Pr