- About US
- Who Can Join
- Why Join
- Getting Started
- Application Preparation Manual
- The Process
- State Contacts
- State Webpages
- Application Status
- Record Copies
- Research Services
- Patriot Search
- NSSAR Ladies Auxiliary
- NSSAR Genealogy Policies
- Youth Education / CAAH
- NSSAR Education Outreach Site
- Poster Contest
- Oration Contest
- Knight Essay Contest
- Eagle Scout Scholarship
- ROTC / JROTC
- Brochure Contest
- CAAH Resolution
- History Teacher Award
- Children of the American Revolution
- Exchange Program
- American Heritage CD
- SAR Foundation
Transfer of Membership
(between SAR State Societies)
Note: If a member wishes to retain his original membership in a particular State Society or he must retain it due to having a State Society Life Membership that pays the National dues, then DO NOT file a transfer form. His option would be to file a Dual Membership Application with the second State Society (if accepted by said State Society).
The Transfer Procedure:
Be sure your dues are paid for the current calendar year and you are shown as an "active" member.
You will need to make the Secretaries of both State Societies involved aware you wish to Transfer your membership. This can be done by completing the form #0919 and following these simple steps:
To get a copy of the form - #0919
(The form has active fields which may be completed before printing)
Make a copy for your files.
The Member should place in an envelope addressed to the demitting State Society:
- the transfer form
- a check made out to "Treasurer General NSSAR" for $10.00 , payment for a record copy of his application.
- a stamped business envelope with the address of the Secretary of the NEW State Society
- a second stamped business envelope addressed to
Staff Registrar, NSSAR
1000 South Fourth St.
Louisville, KY 40203-3292
Mail the envelope to the Secretary of the OLD State Society allowing him to complete the second part of the form and send it on to the Secretary of the NEW State Society. Who in turn will complete third section of the form and send it on to the National Headquarters for final processing.
When you are informed of your acceptance by your new State Society, you should:
- inform the Secretary of the OLD State Society the Transfer has been completed so they can the appropriate adjustments to their membership list
- inform the Secretary of the NEW State Society the Transfer has been completed so that they can add you to their membership list
Collecting National Dues after a Transfer The certification of good standing on the transfer form means the transferring member has paid National and State Society dues for the present year to the OLD State Society.
In the fall after the transfer has occurred you will be billed for Chapter, State Society, and National dues in the NEW State Society for the next calendar year.