- About US
- Who Can Join
- Why Join
- Getting Started
- Application Preparation Manual
- The Process
- State Contacts
- State Webpages
- Application Status
- Record Copies
- Research Services
- Patriot Search
- NSSAR Ladies Auxiliary
- NSSAR Genealogy Policies
- Youth Education / SARCAAH
- NSSAR Education Outreach Site
- Poster Contest
- Oration Contest
- Knight Essay Contest
- Eagle Scout Contest
- ROTC / JROTC
- Brochure Contest
- SAR CAAH Resolution
- History Teacher Award
- Children of the American Revolution
- Exchange Program
- American Heritage CD
- SAR Foundation
in the Sons of the American Revolution
Family Membership is for two or more individuals, who have applied for membership and all have applied using the same Ancestor. At least one of the Family members must file an application at the regular price. All family members must submit their application at the same time as the originating applicant and they must appear on the same transmittal form. The National application fee for Family applications is offered at $30 each.
The annual dues are not effected by this discount and are still required for the calendar year in which their applications are approved by the National Society.
Checks should be for your application fees and dues. There is usually one check to the Chapter, one to the State Society, and one to the National Society. Each branch of the organization may have an application fee component and an annual dues component that will be different than what is shown.
The following is a breakdown of the typical fees involved. The actual State and Chapter Level fees and dues may vary.
Family Discount shown here:
- Originating Application: $80 (application fee) + $35 (dues) = $115
- Each additional Family application (Over 17): $30 (application fee) + $35 (dues) = $65
- Each additional Family application (Under 18): $30 (application fee) + $5 (dues) = $35
- Typical State Level: $5 (application fee) + $15 (dues) = $20
- Typical Chapter Level: $0 (application fee) + $8 (dues) = $8
Submit the completed application form to your sponsoring Chapter for approval (your helper will likely do this) and it will be forwarded to the State Society and then to NSSAR Headquarters in Louisville for final approval. Do Not send the application and fees to the National organization direct. It must come to the National organization from a State Society.