2009 - 2010 NSSAR General Officers
2009-2010 General Officers
Elected at Atlanta, Georgia, July 2009
- President General -- is the chief executive officer of the SAR. He guides the policies, oversees headquarters operations, and appoints the members of all the committees. He presides over meetings of the Executive Committee, the Trustees, and the annual Congress. He (or his designated representative) represents the SAR at the meetings of or in negotiations with other organizations.
Edward F. Butler Sr.
Edward F. Butler, Sr. has been a member in good standing with the Texas Society for 26 years. Edward F. Butler, Sr. was elected President General of the National Society, Sons of the American Revolution, on July 8, 2009 to serve a one-year term.
- Secretary General: James David Sympson (KY) maintenance of records of the activities of the executive committee, trustees, and national congresses; headquarters staff operations; compiling officer and committee reports for distribution at meetings; meeting registration.
- Treasurer General: Larry J. Magerkurth (CA) maintenance of financial records; advice and action on financial issues; headquarters merchandise operation; dues
- Chancellor General: James K. Say (IL) advice and action on legal issues relating to the national society.
- Genealogist General: Joseph W. Dooley (VA) guidance on genealogical problems related to applications for membership and supplementals.
- Registrar General: Stephen A. Leishman (DE) maintenance of membership records
- Historian General: Lindsey C. Brock (FL) securing and interpreting of the records required to document the history of the national society.
- Librarian General: Miles K. Dechant (PA) guidance for maintaining the national headquarters library and museum
- Surgeon General: Lee C. Park (MD) advice and assistance for maintaining the health of our members.
- Chaplain General: Rev. A. Clark Wiser (NC) advice and assistance for ministering to the spiritual needs of our members.
Executive Committee AppointeesPG David N. Appleby (MO)
William M. Marrs (TX) - President General Travel Coordinator
PG Larry D. McClanahan (TN)
Robert L. Bowen (VA)
Thomas E. Jacks (LA)
Vice Presidents General
These general officers serve as intermediaries between the national society and the state societies, grouped into fifteen Districts (geographic regions, two of which are outside the United States):
- New England Carlen P. Booth : Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut
- North Atlantic -John A. Moller : New York and New Jersey
- Mid-Atlantic - Richard L. Ashmun : Delaware, Maryland, The District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, and Virginia
- South Atlantic - Samuel C. Powell : North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida
- Southern -Thomas E. Jacks : Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana
- Central - Finlay J. Coles : Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia, and Kentucky
- Great Lakes - Karl E. Reed : Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin
- North Central - William H. Lees : Minnesota, The Dakota Society, Iowa, and Nebraska
- South Central - Frank S. Appl : Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas
- Rocky Mountain - Perkins L. Patton : Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico
- Inter-mountain - William G. Teter : Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming
- Western - Karl W. Jacobs : California, Nevada, and Hawaii
- Pacific - Melvin M. Scott : Washington, Oregon, and Alaska
- Europe - Jacques de Trentinan : United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Germany, and the remainder of the Continent of Europe
- International - Thomas E. Lawrence : all territory outside of the other districts