A member age 18 or older who pays annual dues. Only regular members may vote and hold office in the SAR and receive the SAR Magazine for free.
New members annual dues are for the calendar year in which their applications are approved by the National Society and is included in the application fee.
Checks should be for your application fees and dues. There is usually one check to the Chapter, one to the State Society, and one to the National Society. Each branch of the organization may have an application fee component and an annual dues component that may be different than what is shown.
The following is a breakdown of the typical fees involved. The actual State and Chapter Level fees and dues may vary.
Submit the completed application form to your sponsoring Chapter for approval (your helper will likely do this) and it will be forwarded to the State Society and then to NSSAR Headquarters in Louisville for final approval. Do Not send the application and fees to the National organization direct. It must come to the National organization from a State Society.
1. _____ One watermarked original application form.
2. _____ The official form is to be TYPED, using a BLACK ink ribbon or computer generated.
3. _____ There must be five (5) signatures on the new application.
4. _____ The Member's National Number shall be entered on Supplemental Applications.
5. _____ Photocopies of proofs for each generation should be marked so as to identify the specific generation.
6. _____ If applicant is using SAR, DAR, or C.A.R., papers for proof, is the appropriate National Number entered for each generation it is being used to support? RECORD copies are required when using C.A.R. or DAR papers as proof of lineage.
7. _____ All available information and detailed facts should be entered one each and every generation back to the patriot ancestor.