- About US
- Who Can Join
- Why Join
- Getting Started
- Application Preparation Manual
- The Process
- State Contacts
- State Webpages
- Application Status
- Record Copies
- Research Services
- Patriot Search
- NSSAR Ladies Auxiliary
- NSSAR Genealogy Policies
- Youth Education / SARCAAH
- NSSAR Education Outreach Site
- Poster Contest
- Oration Contest
- Knight Essay Contest
- Eagle Scout Scholarship
- ROTC / JROTC
- Brochure Contest
- SAR CAAH Resolution
- History Teacher Award
- Children of the American Revolution
- Exchange Program
- American Heritage CD
- SAR Foundation
NSSAR in search of Executive Director
UPDATE: Position Filled
Historic National Organization Seeks Leader for 21st Century Growth
A passion for history. A zest for a future filled with opportunity. The excitement to bring a fresh perspective. Are your ready to make a difference?
Executive Director – National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution – seldom does an opportunity emerge with an entity which traces its organizational inspiration to the Founding Fathers while offering the promise to shape the future through member growth and educational outreach. We seek an individual who desires a “destination position” – someone with a record of leadership successes at volunteer-based concerns experiencing growth, headquarters management, fundraising, and participation in community organizations.
Based in Louisville, Kentucky, the Executive Director manages the day-to-day activities of the Society along with a prominent role with our Foundation. The Executive Committee provides strategic guidance.
- Lead the continued concept development and expansion for the Center for Advancing America’s Heritage including facility build-out located on historic West Main Street.
- Work with the Sons of the American Revolution Foundation for internal and external fundraising, grant writing, and other development undertakings.
- Cultivate community relationships and impart the increasing presence of the SAR in Louisville.
- Oversee the genealogy research and services, and registration.
- Supervise adherence to the annual budget and seek other sources of revenue.
- Manage a healthy interaction between professional staff and volunteers.
- Encourage personal and team development while ensuring a harmonious work atmosphere.
- Through a staff of 20, manage the processing of membership applications and recording, finances, a genealogical research library, the member merchandise department, semi-annual and annual membership meetings, facility management, human resources, information systems, and more.
- Encourage the efforts of a 28,000 man membership many of whom actively volunteer and interact withthe staff on a daily basis.
Since 1889, the Congressionally-chartered National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution has aided hundreds of thousands of men from all walks of life to discover their ancestral roots in the American Revolution. Today, as the leading male lineage society in America, we're more than a patriotic and genealogical group of men. With a 501(c)3 designation, education is a growing part of our responsibilities to our forefathers. And tomorrow, telling the stories of the heroes of the American Revolution will take on a greater role through our new Center for Advancing America's Heritage.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Masters degree or Ph.D. helpful
- Leading a not-for-profit organization where volunteers play an important role would be very helpful
- Community outreach
- Internal and external fundraising
- Diversified functional experiences
Compensation commensurate with experience and with position-appropriate benefits.
Relocation assistance available.
A background check will be conducted.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter with a letter describing how your talents have made a difference at past employment situations.
Email: SARsearch [dot] committeegmail [dot] com
Please, no phone calls or recruitment agency inquiries, please.
Learn more about the National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution at www.sar.org.
See attached Announcement below
UPDATE: Position Filled